Friday, October 25, 2013

Windows Phone GDDR3 - no data connection!!!

I recently upgraded my Nokia Lumia 1020 to the GDDR3 update that was made available to developers (Link to the GDDR3 install), and noticed that I no longer had a data connection when not on WiFi.  It took me a little while to notice since I work out of my house 99% of the time.  My first thought was that there was something incompatible with my carrier's network and the GDDR3 update, and was not happy.  But, that thought passed quickly and I set out looking through my phone's settings to see what new feature may have turned off my data connection. 

Eventually I found the problem and wanted to share this with everyone else, just in case you installed GDDR3 and ran into the same issue. 

  • On your phone, go into Settings
  • Access Point
    • On this screen I noticed that the access point on my phone was changed to AT&T 3G.  I changed this setting to AT&T - LTE - Lumia, and I was now able to use my data connection again.
I hope this helps anyone else that may have run into this same issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment